Watercolour Crazy

I’ve fallen in love with watercolours. The strange thing is I can’t even explain why. There is just something about them that you don’t get with other paints.

Watercolour Crazy #1

There is nothing more satisfying than watching colour slowly mix together on a page. As the water slowly dries the paint changes into something new. The final result could be totally different from what you imagined it would be.

Watercolour Crazy #2

Call me crazy but I love it.

15 Responses to “Watercolour Crazy”

1. whatsasssays

Yes! I feel the same way! I have such an urge to get my water colours out now. I love love love the colours in your photographs, they are solo beautiful!
    Sass x

2. Christin

I love watercolors, but I haven’t played with them for years and years. Maybe one of these days, I’ll dig them back out again. πŸ™‚

3. June Owatari

Watercolor (and painting in general) is one of those things I wish I was good at. I love the swatches in the first pic, such vibrant colors!

You should try it out! You don’t need to be good at painting to paint. I’ve spend hours just doing patterns in my sketchbook. Its loads of fun and they look really cool.

4. Louise

I have to agree. I’m a dabbler these days when it comes to painting and drawing. I love pencil, both coloured and the old soft – I even made a birthday card with a wax crayon tulip for someone’s birthday last week. But what you say about watercolours is true. After the wash on the background, they take you places. πŸ™‚

5. innatejames

You can’t be an uptight watercolor painter – they’re too unpredictable. They cannot be tamed like acrylics. Watercolors command you. Don’t know how I missed you; but I’m really glad you liked my post because I like what you’re doing here, BCN!

6. MUCH CAPSLOCK HAPPY | External Memory

[…] a lot about words as aesthetic objects as well as conveyors of information.Β  So when I saw those gorgeous watercolors I reblogged a few months ago, the first thing I thought of was how beautiful text would be if I […]

7. sb2711

My favourite colurs are water colours and oil pastels. They open up so much possibilities and work on a number of medium. ❀ πŸ˜€