Disney Memories

Recently I’ve been watching a lot of Disney vlogs on YouTube. My current favourite channel being SeeYaRealSoon. I also recently found out that many college students vlog their Disney College Program experience which is very interesting to watch. And all these videos have made me want to look back at some of my Disney memories.

My first trip to EuroDisney was in 1993. However we have no photos or video from this trip, which is really annoying as I know my dad filmed some of it. I have seen that video! However this was before digital cameras, the internet and YouTube so it has pretty much been lost forever. But I do know that 3 year old me was not impressed with having to wait with my dad while my mum went off to do other stuff.

Disney Memories | bluchickenninja.com

1998. EuroDisney has been renamed to Disneyland Paris and I have very few memories of this trip. Although I do remember going on Big Thunder Mountain with my dad during the fireworks because why would you want to watch fireworks when you could ride roller coasters and watch fireworks.

Our holiday in 2006 was very last minute. The entire trip was totally dependent on us being able to get Eurostar tickets. I remember being in high school and waiting on the phone call from my mum to say if we were going. It ended up being a good holiday, a relative had died over the summer so it was nice being able to spend time together as a family.

Disney Memories | bluchickenninja.com

I love going to Disney and meeting the characters. However they scare me. One time my parents took me to see Postman Pat and I cried. So my mum and I are on Main Street USA just waiting to meet up with my dad and sister. Suddenly a monkey appears and sits down next to me. Now this particular monkey had a massive group of kids following it around and for some unknown reason it decides to sit down next to me. Possibly the one person that is actually scared of him. Thanks monkey. Oh and I’m almost certain my mum asked the monkey if it was okay to take a photo. But I may have just imagined that.

Writing this post has made me realise its been too long since I last went to Disney so if anyone is looking for a Disneyland/ Disney World/ EuroDisney travel buddy I volunteer.

What are your favourite Disney memories?

14 Responses to “Disney Memories”

1. Laura Feasey

I went to Disneyland Paris for the first time just a couple of years ago, at the ripe old age of 25… my boyfriend surprised me for Valentine’s Day, I jumped up and down on the bed just like the five year olds do in the advert on TV when they find out they’re heading there! Disney can definitely make you feel like a child whatever your age, thanks for reminding me!

2. abohemianeducation

Disneyland Paris is awesome. While Disneyland California got rid of Captain Eo (Michael Jackson in Space…3D), Disneyland Paris still had it. I’m not sure if they still have it now. The last time we went was two years ago. I also like that Disneyland Paris is smaller than its U.S. counterparts.

• Jamie Greening

captain eo is not at disneyland california, but it is at disneyworld (epcot) in florida. we saw it this past summer. my children were not as nostalgic about it as i was! thanks for the post, i hope to get to disneyland paris someday. sounds fun!

3. wallcat

The characters scare me a bit too. I suppose it’s because I know there’s a person under there but I don’t know who they are. It could be anyone. I haven’t been to Disney Land for a long time, but I remember it being awesome.

4. Magpiemakingdo

I’ve only ever been to Disney World in Florida, and it took me until the ripe age of 26 to finally get there (it was still super awesome). The one big thing that disappointed me though is that the characters don’t roam around anymore! They now have stationed posts and schedules and you have to stand in line to get your photo taken with them… which felt a little weird as grown, childless women to be standing in line surrounded by children in order to get our pictures taken with a princess actress who was also probably significantly younger than us… I just imagine it being less odd if the encounters were random. But beyond that the trip was pretty much the best. I’d really love to get to DisneyLand someday too.

Yeah standing in a queue with little kids to meet the characters always felt a little awkward. Though I remember going to a Breakfast with Mickey thing once and it was basically all adults there. Maybe all the families were in a different part of the restaurant but it was brilliant fun.

5. imaginenewdesigns12

Thank you for liking “Happy Thanksgiving.” The only Disneyland I went to is the one in Florida. I think I was about six years old when I went there. I was not really interested in meeting the characters at the time. My attention was more focused on the rides and the other attractions. I remember enjoying the Dumbo ride, the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, and the Haunted Mansion.

I enjoyed seeing a glimpse of Disneyland Paris. 🙂 I have never been there.

6. Yanique Chambers

I went to Disney two years ago and I was 32 then. I felt like a big kid. It was an awesome trip and I can’t wait to go back! My fave part was the Indiana Jones stunt show and ofcourse meeting Tinker bell 🙂

7. Annabel McDonald

I used to have the same reaction meeting characters when I was younger – it even happened with Santa Claus a few times. I just absolutely love the whole atmosphere of a Disney park; I feel like I’ve gone home! 🙂