Currently Reading #8

Currently Reading #8 | bluchickenninja.com

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.

The Pillars of the Earth is a historical novel about the building of a cathedral in the town of Kingsbridge, England. You can tell that Ken Follett has really done his research to make the world as detailed as possible. If you’ve ever wanted to learn how to build a cathedral read this book. But the only problem with this book is its long. Its ridiculously long. I’ve been reading this for a week and I’m only on part one of six. However it is a very easy read. Though it is a bit slow.

19 Responses to “Currently Reading #8”

The length is definitely a problem. I wouldn’t say I was enjoying it but its fascinating. The world is very detailed and its interesting reading about life during that time.

1. D

Read that twice and seen the mini series … one of the best book I’ve read growing up 🙂

2. peritract

I’d forgotten this – I read it when I was much younger and loved it. It remains the only book about architecture that I’ve truly enjoyed – it’s amazing how much you end up caring about the construction of the cathedral.

3. julieallyn

Read this when I was in my 20s. My mom is a voracious reader and almost all of my five sisters and I read this book. I don’t know if it would still ring true for me all these years later but I do recall loving this book when I first read it. Seeing it here made me smile. 🙂

4. Nicole S.

I loved this one, although the architectural detail could be a bit tedious. His other historical novel (World Without End, I think) was great too.

5. latasun

Its a beautiful looong story. though long, its still one of my favourite books. read at leisure, you will enjoy it more, instead of trying to complete it.

6. Ann

I had read most of Follet’s previous books and loved them so I bought this one without reading the blurb. It was a surprise – way out of his usual genre, but I enjoyed it a lot!