30 Day Book Challenge // 21

Book you tell people you’ve read but haven’t.

Neverwhere by Neil GaimanNeverwhere by Neil Gaiman.

I know one of my friends is going to be really annoyed that I didn’t finish this book. I can’t even explain why I never finished it. I like Neil Gaiman. But I’ve never read any of his books. I loved the Stardust movie and want to read the book. But I always end up finding a book I want to read more than any of Neil Gaiman’s work. Maybe I will go back and try Neverwhere again.

16 Responses to “30 Day Book Challenge // 21”

1. Project Easier

I just recently got into Gaiman with The Ocean at the end of the Lane and Anansi Boys. I liked them. Esp. The former, plus it’s short so maybe no other books will have a chance to interrupt! Haha. Plus plus I got it from my local library😄

2. 30 Day Book Challenge | bluchickenninja

[…] DAY 1. Book series you wish had gone on longer. DAY 2. Favourite side character. DAY 3. The longest book you’ve read. DAY 4. Book turned into a movie and completely desecrated. DAY 5. Your “comfort” book. DAY 6. Book you’ve read the most number of times. DAY 7. A guilty pleasure book. DAY 8. Most underrated book. DAY 9. Most overrated book. DAY 10. A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving. DAY 11. Favourite classic book. DAY 12. A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t. DAY 13. A book that disappointed you. DAY 14. Book that made you cry. DAY 15. A character who you can relate to the most. DAY 16. Most thought provoking book. DAY 17. Author I wish people would read more. DAY 18. A book you wish you could live in. DAY 19. A favourite author. DAY 20. Favourite childhood book. DAY 21. Book you tell people you’ve read but haven’t. […]

Neil Gaiman is quite a famous fantasy author. He has written episodes of doctor who and one of his books was made into a movie a few years ago. His wife released a book last week which looks interesting too.

3. tyviner

I’m a big fan of Neil Gaiman, but a lot of his books have a ‘slow burn’ quality so it’s easy to get distracted part way through. That being said though, they are usually worth going back to.

4. marieren

I really enjoyed Neverwhere–even more than American Gods. After picking up one of his books I had to check all the rest of them out, and not one of them disappointed 🙂

5. Dean

You must read Neverwhere!!! It was my first Gaiman book and still my fav after reading most of the others! Still haven’t read Stardust yet and haven’t sat down and watched it in it’s entirety so I might just add it to my must read list ^.^

6. thortonjakes

Neverwhere is a strange case- it was a TV series that became a book! You might like his Sandman graphic novels, if you are into that sort of thing.

7. Jim

Gaiman’s The Graveyard Book is a fantastic YA fantasy fiction novel, that’s a quick read, and a good story. I picked it up for a quick read after a binge in non-fiction reading, and I finished it quickly.