30 Day Book Challenge // 30

Book you couldn’t put down.

Ready Player One | Ernst Cline I bought Ready Player One from the Waterstones in Bath as it was part of a buy one get one half price offer.

I then went to get a train from Bath back to Edinburgh and literally sat for 6 hours on the train reading this book. I was then super grumpy when we got to Edinburgh as I had about 50 pages left in the book and had to wait till I got home before I finished the story.

I think its appropriate that I’m finishing this challenge with one of the best books I have ever read. It’s the perfect mix of sci-fi, fantasy, adventure, and 80’s nostalgia. And if you like any of those things you have to check it out.

32 Responses to “30 Day Book Challenge // 30”

1. shazzameena

Congratulations! It has been great to read your posts each day and be introduced to (or warned off) so many books. Though I wouldn’t see myself as a sci-fi fan – I’m wondering if I should have this page-turned a go. I only wish I could read while in trains, planes and automobiles, without throwing up!

Thank you 😀 The thing with this book is I love it so much I will pretty much recommend it to everyone. But I do understand not everyone likes sci-fi.

• shazzameena

I have vague memories of liking some sci-fi books in my teens – but can’t remember which books they were and therefore if they were actually sci-fi! So I think I will add it to my list and give it a go 🙂

2. Madame Vauquer

Ha, the only thing that would have made your reading adventure more memorable would be if you had missed your stop. Edinburgh was probably the end of the line though.

Congratulations on completing the 30 Day Challenge!

3. Confusing Medical Science Since 1971

This book was such a nice balance… the sheer number of name drops and references threatened to bury the story, but in the end you get a great read along the lines of early Gibson.

Except a tad more cheerful.

Glad you caught it.

4. thejoester

This is one of my favorites as well! I was just thinking about reading it again to do a review on it.

I also have the audio-book which is narrated by Wil Wheaton.

5. 30 Day Book Challenge | bluchickenninja

[…] DAY 1. Book series you wish had gone on longer. DAY 2. Favourite side character. DAY 3. The longest book you’ve read. DAY 4. Book turned into a movie and completely desecrated. DAY 5. Your “comfort” book. DAY 6. Book you’ve read the most number of times. DAY 7. A guilty pleasure book. DAY 8. Most underrated book. DAY 9. Most overrated book. DAY 10. A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving. DAY 11. Favourite classic book. DAY 12. A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t. DAY 13. A book that disappointed you. DAY 14. Book that made you cry. DAY 15. A character who you can relate to the most. DAY 16. Most thought provoking book. DAY 17. Author I wish people would read more. DAY 18. A book you wish you could live in. DAY 19. A favourite author. DAY 20. Favourite childhood book. DAY 21. Book you tell people you’ve read but haven’t. DAY 22. Least favourite plot device. DAY 23. Best book you’ve read in the last 12 months. DAY 24. Book you’re most embarrassed to say you liked. DAY 25. The most surprising plot twist or ending. DAY 26. Book that makes you laugh out loud. DAY 27. Book that has been on your “to read” list the longest. DAY 28. Favourite quote from a book. DAY 29. A book you hated. DAY 30. Book you couldn’t put down. […]

6. Janice Wald

Hi, I loved Ready Player One. I even wrote about it in one of my blogs. Question: are you using WordPress.com? If yes, how did you get those buttons that say what other sites you’re on? Thanks.
    Janice

Hi Janice,

Yes I am using WordPress.com I’m guessing you are asking about my social media buttons? They are just images I downloaded from a website (can’t remember which one) and then saved them into my media library. Then I just used a text widget and some html to display the buttons and link them to my accounts.

Hope that helped.