My Resolutions

My Resolutions

I was planning on doing some big post about my 2015 resolutions, but to be honest I don’t really like making resolutions. There is no point making a resolution to exercise more in 2015 because thats never going to happen. If I was going to make a resolution for 2015 it would probably be something like watch every episode of Friends on Netflix.

Instead I like to make goals for myself, and this year my goals can be summarised in four words: don’t worry, be happy.

48 Responses to “My Resolutions”

1. Akila

Exactly! That was my last year’s (and the year before that, too) goal, though I often forget about it! I had thought of making it the same goal this year too, ’cause I didn’t get any proper idea, but now I have settled with the resolution to wake up at 5 everyday! 😀

2. inkedwordsandwrinkles

The best goal is always to be happy, there’s no point in promising to lose weight or run a mile every day if you’re going to be miserable doing it! Good luck!

3. Srishty

i hate exercising and i haven’t really made a resolution about it but i would really want that i exercise more, i hope that for you as well 🙂

4. friendlybookworm

Totally agree with you! It didn’t really even hit me that it was new years until like two days ago. Especially since I was on my last few days of vacation. I didn’t want to restrict myself and not eat yummy food! It doesn’t have to be the new years to make a change!

Yeah I know how you feel. Being sick at the end of 2013 meant I missed out on christmas and new year. I never really got used to it being 2014 and now its 2015!

• friendlybookworm

Oh man that does suck! I remember back in school we had to date all our papers and notes so that helped me keep track of the time, but now I don’t need to do it, so it makes it harder 😛

Oh yeah not being at school anymore makes the christmas holidays feel weird. They aren’t really holidays any more.

The weather hasn’t been too bad in Scotland over the last few years too. You don’t really notice that its winter because the weather doesn’t become worse.

• friendlybookworm

I think that’s just a sign of global warming. I went skiing in the French alps and the first heavy snow fall luckily happened the day we arrived but all the locals were telling us how it has been the worst season so far!

But then again you get extreme temperature in like Canada ( -50C !?!?)

5. beyondthecranium

hi dear I’m with you I have not made any resolutions and you are funny the way you written I like it very humorous I hope you meant it to be humorous sorry didn’t mean to insult you if it wasn’t. keep up the good work

6. AZVHV.wordpress.com

Resolutions are for control freaks. It’s much more fun to be pleasantly surprised all year! Happy 2015!

7. Les

Resolutions for me are just a plain waste of time. I never have kept them anyway. I’ve done it in the past years, but always failed. Wish I could be like other people that can do what they resolve to do. Guess that I’m not that fortunate.

8. silverliningmama

Watching Friends on Netflix would be a pretty awesome New Year resolution for me! 😀 I don’t think of resolutions though. I set goals and projects and not think of them too seriously. Just fun things to accomplish during the year (not setting of restrictions of things I can’t do..where’s the fun in that?). If I don’t get to completing them, no guilt. 😉 Taking the pressure off has actually helped me complete more. Btw, what a cool blog name!

Thank you! I do try to set goals for during the year though I’ve never been that good at achieving them. Thats something I should work on this year.

9. wallcat

That’s probably one of the best goals you can have :). I like to make some goals because it can give you a clear aim and sometimes you need that to drive you forwards. It’s also important to be realistic though and not to make too many changes all at once. Like my gym suddenly gets busier after New Year, but there’s no point rushing in if you can’t keep it up consistently. Better to take it slower but for longer. There’s also no reason for why we can’t make new goals throughout the year. It was actually one of my resolutions to be more active a few years back, but I’d already made a start towards it before the new year had began. This year I want to read more :D. I hope you have a brilliant year and keep up with this excellent blog.

Yeah I’ve never seen the point of waiting till the new year to make a change. I realised last summer I had to eat more healthily so I started then.

• wallcat

Yeah, I’m always reassessing how I can change my life in little positive ways. I think it just feels good to make new goals over the new year because it has that fresh start feeling to it, but I still think it’s better to make small changes a bit at a time.

10. victorianworkhouse

I generally start my new years resolutions after the Chinese New Year in February just as the first breath of spring is upon us and everything feels a bit more optimistic. Anything started in January when you have run out of money and still have the remnants of Christmas gluttony in the fridge, is doomed to failure.

11. Humble Beginning's with Vicky

I agree and I now call them goals and I never stuck with a resolution ever !