Again I found this on thebookiemonsters’s blog and thought it looked like fun. I would love to see everyone’s answers to this too!
1. What is your favourite book?
This is a difficult one. I have many favourite books. Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings will always have a special place in my heart but I think right now my favourite book is Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.
2. What are your goals? For the year? For your life?
My goals for this year are get back to college. Not sure yet if that will actually happen. My goals for life are find a job I enjoy doing, worry less and be happy.
3. Are you a writer? If so, tell me about your work.
I am not a writer. I hated English in school, I enjoyed the reading bit but wasn’t so keen on the writing essays and analysing books thing. My entire life I always said I hated writing but I actually sort of enjoy writing for my blog.
4. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
If I had the money Walt Disney World. But the one place I would love to go is Brisbane, Australia. My best friend moved there 6 years ago and I would love to go see him.
5. What was the last movie you saw in the theatre and was it worthwhile?
I went to see The Hobbit: Part 3. It was actually really good. I liked that they kept to the book (and by that I mean I liked that they killed off certain characters). Legolas’ defying gravity moment was a bit silly but it was a good movie overall.
6. I’m curious, are there any books that you’ve tried to read and simply couldn’t finish? This is a no judgement zone.
Even if I really don’t like a book I will try and at least skim read to the end. The last book I gave up on half way through was something I got on NetGalley. It was so boring I just couldn’t finish it.
7. Are you currently working on a new book/project right now? If it’s secret, you don’t have to tell me about it. If so, however, I hope it’s going well.
My current project is get well enough to move out. Though it isn’t really a project. I get on with my life as best as I can and my CFS does whatever the heck it wants.
8. If you could live in any of your favourite books, which one would you choose?
9. Are there any book-to-movie adaptations that you think are just incredible? That you absolutely hated?
I really enjoyed the Cloud Atlas movie adaption. Its a bit strange because you sort of need to read the book and watch the movie a few times before you can really understand what is going on. But its a fantastic movie. Every time I watch it I notice something new. I really loved the movie adaption of Ender’s Game too.
10. What do you look for in a book that you want to read? What’s the first thing to capture your attention?
The cover. I know everyone says you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but the cover is really important. If I like the cover I am more likely to look at the book and decide if I want to read it.
11. If you’re an author, what do you do when you first get an idea for a book?
I’m not an author and probably never will be so here is a photo of my cat hugging a book.
12. How do you feel about different genres? Romance? YA? Sci-Fi? Poetry? Do you have any favorites? Any least-favourites?
I love sci-fi and fantasy the most but will pretty much read anything apart from romance. I have a love/hate relationship with YA. Some of my all time favourite books are YA but there are also some truly terrible YA books.
13. If you could meet any writer in the world, dead or alive, who would it be?
J.K Rowling. I would meet her and then cry. I would probably also be too scared to actually talk to her. But Harry Potter was literally my childhood. I can’t have been the only one that turned 11 and was disappointed when I didn’t get my Hogwarts letter.
14. Do you prefer Fiction or Non-Fiction?
I enjoy both equally the same. But I think I read more non-fiction. Edit: I just checked and I have more fiction. But I have more non-fiction books on my TBR list.
15. Are there any characters that everyone loves that you can’t stand? Or vice versa?
Elizabeth Bennet. The girl in Looking for Alaska (I never actually finished it).
16. What do you like to do besides reading/writing?
I paint. I draw. I do graphic design-y stuff. I read Harry Potter fanfiction.
17. If you could be remembered for one thing, what would it be?
This blog thing. I’m actually quite proud of what its turned into. I don’t mind telling people I have a blog. I’ve had so many cool opportunities and met so many lovely people because of it.
18. What is your favourite guilty pleasure book?
Duma Key by Stephen King.
19. Do you have a reading goal set for this year?
52 books just like last year. I am already 7 books ahead of schedule so I should manage it easily.
20. Tell me anything about yourself that I haven’t asked. Random fact. Weird human trick. Whatever.
I hate people touching my feet. Like I actually detest it. Its so bad I can barely touch my feet.
I tag everyone to do this next. Even though I’m not sure if its actually a tag.