The Versatile Blogger Award

Versatile Blogger Award
I’m sorry it has taken me so long to get around to this. I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Danielle at inkedwordsandwrinkles, Nathalia at An Outsider Review, Freya at Warrior Freya, and thebantamblogger. Thank you all for nominating me. You honestly don’t know how much it means to me. Edit: I was also just nominated by philosophyofafatbeachbum. Thank you Ellen!!!

The rules are:

1. Show the award on your blog.
2. Thank the person that has nominated you.
3. Share 7 different facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 blogs of your choice

7 facts about me:

1. I love roller coasters. If you ever get a chance to go on The Smiler at Alton Towers do it! It was one of the best roller coasters I’ve ever been on. And if you ever get a chance to go on Nemesis: Sub-Terra at Alton Towers don’t do it. The internet told me it you should go on it without knowing anything about it and the internet was wrong. I’m never going on it again.

2. I love musicals. For a few years I spent all my savings on trips to London to see a bunch of musicals. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve seen these shows but I’ve seen Hairspray, The Lion King, La Cage Aux Folles, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Wicked, Blood Brothers and Cats. And many many more.

3. I am a Hufflepuff and proud of it.

4. I hate needles. Like honestly detest them. The only time I’ve ever seriously decided I wanted to die was just after I had a cannula stuck in my arm. Its not even because they hurt. Most injections don’t hurt that much (though that cannula did!) needles just creep me out. This is also the reason why I have no piercings.

5. If one more nurse tells me “its just a little pinch” as they stick a needle in my arm someone might actually die. Flu jabs don’t actually hurt, it just depends on the nurse. Getting blood drawn hurts a little more, though again it depends on the nurse. Ironically morphine injections are quite painful. Having a cannula stuck in your arm hurts like a bitch.

6. I really don’t like needles.

7. I also suck at writing 7 facts about myself.

Now I have to tag the people who should do this award next. And I tag all of my followers. Because you are all wonderful human beings who deserve an award.

50 Responses to “The Versatile Blogger Award”

1. brittabottle

I completely relate on the needles subject. I HATE getting blood drawn. I’m a twenty-something and still cringe and occasionally cry during the process. IVs are the worst for me. The thought of having a cannula sticking out of my arm honestly gives me the shivers.

2. Charlie

I got over my fear of needles once I started injecting the fertility meds every day (sometimes three times a day). Oh, yeah, you get over it *real* fast.

Yup. I can’t watch either. I probably look like a total nutter. Sorry doc, I can’t talk to you right now because you’re sticking a needle in my arm.

3. curtisbausse

Wondering about the Nemesis ride – too tame or too scary? I did it years ago and remember thinking that was about my limit… Congratulations on the award!

4. reesertshadow

#’s 4-6 — I agree wholeheartedly. They don’t like to let me leave the dr’s office because they’re afraid I’ll pass out in the hall or in my car after I have to get an injection…

Its the same when I go for the flu jab. My local area has a walk in clinic every year because so many people get the jab. The nurses always tell you to wait 20 minutes before you go just incase you become unwell. But I leave anyway. I hate waiting.

5. dynasticqueen

Roller coaster enthusiast here! Yay!
    Needle hater here! Ughhhhh! It’s 2015, for $!#*s sake. Where are all the futuristic hypo-guns that do the job without needles? Shouldn’t we have ’em by now??

Yay roller coasters.

And yes. Why are scientists wasting their time finding a cure for cancer when they could be working on the Star Trek hyposprays.

6. Nathalia Fante

I also love musicals! I’ve only been able to see live The Addams Family Musical though, since people where I live aren’t exactly enthusiastic abot that. I’ve seen many on video, though. And I’m the sort of person who knows all the songs.

Thank you. Honestly I have no idea. I haven’t intentionally tried to create a fan base. I don’t even really have a fan base. I just have some lovely people who read my stuff.

7. Neeny

Hey there, I went on a virtual reality rolleroaster today! Was amazing!! Felt woozey like I would on a regular one (I love rollercoasters too). Now this one was a rollercoaster around a giant loungeroom, ducking and weaving through tea cup handles, next to bookshelves, under the coffee table and over the sofa. Was quite trippy!