The Book Haul Survival Guide

For the past year I’ve been going through a zombie phase. Max Brooks is probably the king of zombies and on my review of World War Z someone recommended The Zombie Autopsies. I think I’m at the point now where if there was a zombie apocalypse I would still die very quickly but I will die knowing what I did wrong.

The Book Haul Survival Guide  | bluchickenninja.com

The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks
The Zombie Autopsies by Steven C. Schlozman

19 Responses to “The Book Haul Survival Guide”

• Michelle

No, I haven’t. That sounds AWESOME! I’ll check it out 🙂 Also, I call it “running” but it’s really just jogging in place in front of Netflix >.< It's a lot easier on my knees and bunion than being a "for reals" runner, for now. Maybe running from an undead hoard would motivate me to try again outside!

1. Jonathan 3.141592

I got “The Zombie Survival Guide” as a birthday present and I really liked it. Although I expected something different. I thought it’s more like a novel but a – well, a guide through the zombie apocalypse. SPOILER: “Using a knife is better than using a gun, ’cause you don’t have to reload.” 😀 😀 😀 Very true.

2. waynemullane

There’s a zombie survival game show on BBC 3 on Sunday nights at the moment. I haven’t watched it yet, but it might be worth a go. Also, on YouTube is an independent film called Year Six that is quite good

3. sb2711

I am not a Zombie fan. They scare me. But these books look like they are a must read for someone like me 😉 Thanks for sharing!

4. ruibowmatsouka

I really like Max Brooks, the zombie survival guide is a good read, and one you can dip in and out of. In your zombie phase have you read Mira Grant’s Newsflesh series? I highly recommend it. 🙂

5. Lynn Love

Ha! Loved your comment. I watch any kind of apocalypse/distopian film in the full knowledge that I’d be one of the panicking, screaming numpties whose splatted within the first two minutes. Look, can you see- I’m the bloodied, headless corpse the hero/heroine steps over on their way to escape the opening attack!
    Richard Matheson’s ‘I am Legend’- nothing like the film adaptation but a totally class act. Classic.

6. reesertshadow

I didn’t really enjoy WWZ. It was too much of a “how-to” guide and not the story I was expecting. I did enjoy the section at the end, about zombies in different parts of history though…

Have you ever read a book called Warm Bodies? It’s kind of cheesy and has some significant plot holes…but as a story from a zombie’s perspective, it was kind of interesting.

7. Dennis the Vizsla

hello bluechickenninja its dennis the vizsla dog hay my dada sez the zombee survival gide is full of gud advice!!! his fayvrit is blades dont need reloading and that is no dowt why he keeps a kuple of sords on the wall just in kayse!!! ok bye