DAY ONE

I was nominate for the 5 Day Black and White Challenge by cardiekooksgingerboy and the ‘Five photos, five days’ challenge by lynnmlovewords. From what I can see these are both exactly the same challenge just with a different name. So thank you both for nominating me.

I know you’re supposed to tag people to do this next but I really don’t like tagging anyone. If you want to do this challenge consider yourself tagged. Anyway, I thought this could be a fun way to share more about me and where I live. Or something like that. I really don’t know. To be honest I’m making this up as I go along.

DAY ONE | bluchickenninja.com

So I realise many people might think, what with me having a chronic tiredness problem, that my favourite place to be is my bed. In fact it is not, I actually hate being in bed if I am not sleeping. Its funny because this causes many problems with my chronic fatigue, in that there are times when I really should go to bed and don’t because I am an adult and don’t need naps (I just hate having naps (they don’t help the tiredness)).

But anyway, my desk is my favourite place. I think I spend a vast majority of my time here. Every thing I need is here. It has had a few different incarnations over the last 10 years but I think I have finally got it to where I have enough space while also having exactly what I need to hand at any given moment (I know in this photo my desk is particularly messy, be assured it is not always like this).

I love my desk. And at those times where I am too tired to work and refuse to go lay down I can always just make myself extremely dizzy using my spinny chair. Spinny chairs are great.

22 Responses to “DAY ONE”

1. Dan Antion

The Black and white challenge has been starting at me for a little over a week now. I’m going to watch for good ideas 🙂 I like this one.

What challenge? Oh the B&W challenge, yeah, I can’t wait to see what I do too. Haven’t actually planned anything out yet…. I should go work on that.

2. benjii1993

Looks like it going great for now, good picture! Looking forward to see more, good luck!

3. Liz0215

I may do this challenge if you don’t mind! I have a unique appreciation for black and white photography. Even the simplest of photos look amazing in B&W. I love the picture of your desk. Much more organized than my “work space.”

Sure you can do it 😀 I just realised how much I love B&W photography, it really does make the photos look better. I sort of want to try out a proper film camera, that could be fun.

Thanks 🙂

4. masha

ok bluchickenninja, you have inspired me to go ahead with the 100 day project I was debating. Come on over to my blog and check it out. And by the way love your style, great picture.

5. Lynn Love

It’s not a mess- it’s creative. I love the number of pens you have close by, the books- nice dragon picture too.
    I think I’d like to spend some time there 🙂

6. janeygingerboy

Your desk looks like a really creative place to be! Great photo…enjoy the challenge. Oh yeah, spinny chairs are the best!! : ))

7. <3 missus <3

Oooh, it looks so cosy and nice! I can totally see why you would feel so comfy there. And if that picture on your computer screen is your stats page, then wow, I’m superimpressed😊 The challenge sounds like fun☺