DAY TWO

DAY TWO | bluchickenninja.com

DAY TWO | bluchickenninja.com

My dog is ridiculous. He is actually ridiculous. I haven’t had many dogs in my life but he is the only one who will sit and look out a window, sometimes for hours. But the thing that makes him strange is he almost seems to enjoy looking out the window. Now we have quite a large window and get some pretty nice views out of it, but somehow I don’t think he is looking at the views.

No I think he is just nosy, I mean if someone leaves he will sit and wait at the window for them to come back. But most of the time he just enjoys looking out to see what is going on. He watches the people walking past our house, just last week I caught him watching the neighbours doing work across the street. Its just funny watching him do this because he is so different to our other dog. You almost wouldn’t think they were the same breed.

I mean Jasper will look out the window, though that is only if he hearsΒ someone knock on the door becauseΒ obviously he must protect the house from attack. Alfie just likes to see what is going on. My ridiculous, nosy, terrible guard dog. Never change.

59 Responses to “DAY TWO”

1. Florida Minimalist

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful dog. I’ve grown up having several dogs at a time all my life, and they all have their own personalities. My current dog actually enjoys looking out the window so much that I donated a couch to our front room to him just so he has his own comfortable spot to watch (much like what you have here). This is actually a very common thing for dogs to do. This is your dogs happy place, and his place to watch over his territory and wait for the humans he loves so much to come back home. Seeing something interesting might just be the highlight of his day πŸ™‚

2. cordeliasmom2012

Puppy Cody loves to watch out the window for hours, too. It never occurred to me to put the couch in front of the window so she could be more comfortable! Although it’s amusing to watch her lean on the bench there, and as she gets tired, she leans more and more, eventually winding up with her body splayed out on the bench and her head on the windowsill, while her hind feet are still on the floor.

Thats adorable. Its only in the last few years that we started letting Jasper sleep on the sofa, he’s getting old now and prefers it. When we got Alfie it seemed unfair that he wasn’t allowed on the sofa even though Jasper was.

It is quite funny how he sleeps, it can’t be comfortable on the back of the sofa but he can look out the window if he want too!

3. Mrs P

K9 will sit in the widow for hours at a time watching the world go by, I sometimes think he is the secret member of the neighbourhood watch scheme, the gossip he could pass on about the coming and goings around the green ….if only anything that interesting happens LOL

4. mojoshawn

What a good looking fella. I personally feel he’s contemplating the great mysteries of the Universe in the second photo. He probably figured them out, just can’t tell you because we speak a strange language. πŸ™‚

5. Human Soles

Wonderful Dog, We followed you, πŸ™‚ Have a great day

Peace, love, happiness,

Human Soles

6. Dagny

I wonder if Alfie is always watching for birds, cats or maybe other dogs. Have you noticed if he reacts when another animal is in the yard?

My guard dog, a miniature poodle, was quite fierce. Once when a friend had our key to go by the house and pick up some stuff, he told us how Andy reacted. He stood in the middle of the bed and barked. Not exactly Mighty Mouse.

We don’t really get animals in the garden. He will bark if he sees people in the drive. And for some reason he will bark at anyone who walks past at night. But only at night.

Jasper is the proper guard dog, he has actually scared people away in the past. I’m not surprised because he can be big and scary when he wants to. Alfie has learned everything from Jasper so will start barking if Jasper barks. Only problem is Jasper is getting old and deaf so will bark at anything, this sets Alfie off which then sets Jasper off again.

7. sarahskry

Ha! I agree with Lola, what a handsome dog indeed πŸ™‚ Those are some lovely photos of him. I have two cats who love to stare out the window, I haven’t heard of too many large dogs enjoying that though haha. Is he a lab? I’d love to get a lab one day.

8. marialla

Thank you for the wonderful story. I understand your dog. Life is wonderful and full of many interesting things. The best time to enjoy life is while you are alive. And I am sure that if you were to take your dogs for a walk along the same route each day without changing your path, they will be excited each day as if you had taken them along a different route each day Dogs are such wonderful , generous beings full of joie de vive!!! Learn from these magnificent beings to love each day as if it were the first day of your life. So much animals can teach us so muc if we just took the time to listen!! Lucky you to have such great companions beside you.!!!.

Yeah its so funny watching them first thing in the morning. Jasper is old and deaf and blind now. He has arthritis in his joints and he still gets excited for his walk.

Hahaha. Alfie loves helping, like he will get in the way and make things worse because he wants to help so much. It makes him so happy being able to carry things. You kind of understand why labs are used as guide dogs when you see him.

9. Lynn Love

I have a friend who owns a Jack Russell called ‘Spider’. Funny dog, in that she’s actually a serious danger to cats/ squirrels/ other small dogs- I mean, she’s actually killed before. But around humans she’s a dream. There’s a chair in their living room window where she sits during the day, watching cars, people walking up and down. Of course, I think she’s really on the look out for cats to kill…

• Lynn Love

Watched a programme about pest control last week (I don’t know why either) and they had some Jack Russells hunting rats- as they caught each one and quickly despatched it, they were simultaneously amazing and terrifying

10. juliecround

Our (black!) terrier sun bathes, both in the garden and if there is any sunshine on the carpet indoors. He sometimes gets so hot he is panting.Our black labrador used to avoid sun. That seemed much more sensible.

Both of my labs love sunning themselves. In our kitchen there is a spot that gets the sun in the afternoon. I’ve seen the cat and both of the dogs taking turns in that spot. I’ve even seen the dogs share it occasionally!

11. Russell J. Fellows

Ah, but isn’t is so much more interesting to watch the world go by than to…maybe sleep? Great post. It would make for an even better one to try and explore what he sees through the window from his point of view. Awesome opportunity for an imaginative monologue.

12. nerdlovewords

I love your dog. Hi munchkin!! ❀ **convey my love πŸ˜€

Yep, don’t you know food is the way to a dogs heart! My mum has a pocket full of biscuits every time she goes to the park because some dogs know she has food. Its at the point now where some dogs will come running across the park just for their biscuit!