DAY FOUR

DAY FOUR | bluchickenninja.com

This has been a week (or two days) of surprises. First of all I finally got an email from college yesterday saying I had an interview. I’ve been waiting so long for this that I thought they had lost my application. Even though I’m applying for the same course I dropped out of 2 years ago (and the interview is with my old lecturer) I still want to show my best work. Which means I have to spend this month getting my portfolio together on top of trying to blog every day.

And then this morning I got an even bigger surprise. I had an appointment with my doctor to get the results of an ultrasound I had a few weeks ago. At the time the sonographer said everything looked normal, but it turns out they found some small cysts on my ovary. Which means I “probably” have PCOS (still need a blood test to confirm). I really don’t know how I feel about all this, I mean I knew it could be a possibility, but I just assumed the stomach pain was being caused by the CFS. I’ve gone from thinking there was something wrong to thinking I’m a total hypochondriac to finding out something might be wrong.

I suppose I’m just happy to find out whats wrong. There was a very good chance it was being caused by the CFS and I was quite happy to just accept that. But with my past experience of stomach pain I wanted to get it checked out just in case. I’m just happy I did.

41 Responses to “DAY FOUR”

1. Alice

I am glad that at least now we have an explanation why you are in pain. Hope this gets resolved soon.

2. Lynn Love

Congratulations on the college interview- best of luck with it. Great news for you. Mixed news about the doctor, though- as you say, sometimes it’s just nice to know what’s been causing you problems. I hope that can all be dealt with easily.

The interview should go fine, its my old lecturer and he is pretty cool. I have no idea how long we spent talking about Star Trek (and how terrible the new movies are) while I was on that course.

The doctor stuff is ehh, it really doesn’t change that much. The CFS is more annoying than the PCOS stuff. At least it could be worse 😀

• Lynn Love

Everything’s split into sub-subjects now isn’t it- if you know what I mean. Hope it goes brilliantly

I mean for art you can kind of understand why. Fine art is totally different to graphic design which is totally different to illustration. You can be terrible at fine art but still have enough drawing skills to be good at graphic design.

3. Billy

Congratulations for the interview! And yes for sure knowing is always half the cure 🙂

4. miusho

I don’t have much troubles with pcos.. Except that I don’t have my period very often.. Which is easy and cheap. For now.
    I do know having low cortisol can result in pain in your uh.. Small kidneys? I’m not good with scientific words in English.. But at least you found your problem, which is great!
    And good for you on the interview! Back to studying! I tried that course, too much homework. It’s not for the lazy ones. 😦

I was going to say I haven’t had any problems with it! Apart from that one time I had a huge cyst I haven’t had any problems with it. And yes it is good to know whats wrong.

Thanks 🙂

5. janeygingerboy

Great news about the interview and the best of luck! Also, good to know what the pain is and hope they can be sorted out : ))

6. Aimer Boyz

Good luck working on your portfolio 🙂 It’s great that you’re feeling well enough to get back to your future. ( terrible pun, I know 🙂

7. lincahceria5

How was your interview? I recently said something silly in an interview (duh).
    It is good that you find out that PCOS so you can get proper treatment for it.

The interview is in just over a week. But it should go fine! I know the guy doing the interview which helps.

And yeah, its good to finally know whats wrong.

8. habiwabi

Best of luck with the interview!

Also, if it does turn out to be PCOS, don’t despair. As someone is has it, I can tell you with full confidence that it can be dealt with and also cured (contrary to what doctors say).

All the best! 🙂

Thank you!

I’m really not all that bothered about the PCOS thing. It isn’t really affecting my life all that much, its just good to know whats wrong so I can do something about it.

9. ToniJackson

Good luck with the college interview, I am sure you will nail it!
    And as for the news you received from the Doctor, I really hope it can be dealt with straightforwardly and quickly. I can relate to that situation, I found out I had high blood pressure and have been in & out of hospital for 7 months as they suspected it was I have a kidney disease – they still don’t actually know but are putting me on meds to reduce my blood pressure so yeah I wish you all the best with it!

I really enjoy reading your blog, it’s been a great read this week with your daily updates :-).

Thank you!

I had my suspicions for a while but I was amazed that it turned out to be right. Especially after I was told everything was fine at the ultrasound.

Hope everything goes well for you 🙂 Thanks.

10. katejury

really enjoying your clear writing style, you manage to convey feeling without sentiment. Beautiful photos too – is it a photography portfolio you are building?

Thank you. Its a graphic design portfolio so its a mix of everything. I have paintings I’ve done and I will probably include a couple of photos too.

11. thinkdoyen

I remember someone told me that person who is busy is best trusted with your work. Because come what may the busy person will get the job done for you.While someone who has a lot of time on hands will simply be lazy.

Wish you all success with your interview.