So Cramathon happened last weekend. This is a readathon hosted by WhittyNovels over on youtube where you have to read as many short books as you can in a weekend. Even though I’ve already completed my 2015 reading challenge I decided to take part because the number of unread books I currently own is embarrassingly large.
So this readathon had a number of challenges:
- I read In Real Life by Cory Doctorow which fufilled the read a graphic novel. Then I read The Awakened Kingdoms by N. K. Jemisin which fulfilled the read a novella (this is currently 99p on the Kindle store and I would recommend it if you like Jemisin’s writing).
- I read the first and second book in the Harry Potter series which fulfilled the read a childrens book, I totally forgot how sarcastic book Harry is, its been far too long since I last read this series.
- The Philosopher’s Stone and The Zombie Autopsies fulfilled the read a hardback challenge.
- I didn’t own any books for the read a book in verse so instead I read one of my little black classics. I realise that Emily Bronte was a very good writer and I assume her poems are good but it turns out I don’t like poetry.
- I definitely managed the read 5 books challenge. In total I read 12 books (10 books + 2 ebooks).
This was actually loads of fun. There is another readathon at the beginning of August hosted by Ariel Bissett so I think I’m going to take part in that too. Anyone want to join me? I will also be reviewing these books at the end of the month in my regular wrap-up post.