I found this tag over on Tasha’s blog and had to do it because I love a good tag post. As always if you want to do this too then consider yourself tagged.
1. What was the last book you read?
Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death and Brain Surgery by Henry Marsh.
2. Was it a good one?
Yes, it was really interesting to see what goes through a doctor’s head before, during and after surgery because they usually seem so distant and removed from everything.
3. What made it good?
I didn’t think that a nonfiction book about brain surgery would make me cry as much as I did.
4. Would you recommend it to other people?
Yes, but considering how it seems that all brain tumors turn out to be really bad and usually result in death within a few years you may not want to.
5. How often do you read?
Pretty much every day. It really just depends on what I’m doing (and it’s not always books that I’m reading).
6. Do you like to read?
This is a trick question right? What do you expect me to say? No I actually hate reading, I’m just being held hostage by a very annoying librarian (no offense to any librarians out there).
7.What was the last bad book you read?
Our Endless Numbered Days by Claire Fuller.
8. What made you dislike it?
It was really boring.
9. Do you wish to be a writer?
Not really. I enjoy writing on my blog but I wouldn’t want it to become a full time job.
10. Has any book every influenced you greatly?
Probably but I can’t think of any right now (and I didn’t want to say Harry Potter because of course that influenced my life but I’m pretty sure it did that to everyone who read it).
11. Do you read fan fiction?
I have read an embarrassing amount of Star Wars fanfictions in the last month. It’s like a drug. I can’t stay away.
12. Do you write fan fiction?
Nope. Always wanted to, but could never think of a storyline that hadn’t been done before.
13. What’s your favourite book?
I refuse to answer this question. How am I supposed to pick my all time favourite book out of the 30+ books that I love. Thats like asking me to pick my favourite pet.
14. What’s your least favourite book?
Across The Universe by Beth Revis. I really did try to enjoy it but it was all so silly. Why would you have a love story in the middle of a murder investigation? It’s YA, thats why.
15. Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?
I prefer physical books but I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas and I love it too. I don’t need to wait 3 days for a book anymore, I can buy it and almost instantly be reading it. Though I do think Kindle books can be ridiculously expensive sometimes.
16. When did you learn to read?
I imagine this would be when I started primary school so about 20 years ago *sobs*
20. What is your favourite genre?
21. Who is your favourite character in a book series?
Mogget from the Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix. He’s a god and was given the choice to rule the universe and he turns it down because he likes being a cat. I think everyone wants to be Mogget.
22. Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
23.Which book do you wish had a sequel?
Seveneves by Neal Stephenson. I need more space nerdyness.
24. Which book do you wish DIDN’T have a sequel?
The Fire Sermon by Francesca Haig. Sorry but that book was super bad and totally does not need a sequel.
25. How long does it take you to read a book?
According to my Kindle it takes me about 4 hours to finish a 350 page book. But I almost never sit for 4 hours and finish a book. Usually it takes a couple of days.
26. Do you like when books become movies?
Only if the movies are good.
27. Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?
I think we all like to pretend that The Golden Compass never happened.
28. Which movie has done a book justice?
The Martian. I was so worried Ridley Scott would ruin that movie and it turned out so good. Okay so they changed quite a bit of the story line but it was still The Martian.
29. Do you read newspapers?
30: Do you read magazines?
31. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
Considering I don’t read either I’m going to have to say neither.
32. Do you read while in bed?
33. Do you read while on the toilet?
34. Do you read while in the car?
35. Do you read while in the bath?
The answer to all of these is yes. Though I probably shouldn’t read in the bath now that I have a Kindle.
36. Are you a fast reader?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Define ‘fast‘.
37. Are you a slow reader?
Those two questions could have been merged into one, and the answer would still have been, I have no idea, I read at the speed I read at. But then I suppose that would have turned the tag into the 49 bookish questions which doesn’t sound as good.
38. Where is your favourite place to read?
39. Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
Yes. I tend to only read for an hour at most before I get distracted by something.
40.Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
Yes. This is actually a new thing because of my CFS. I used to love having music or the TV or a movie or something on in the background while I read. In fact when Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was released I sat in my bedroom for 8 hours with Cats: The Musical playing while I read it. Now the slightest bit of noise, even people talking or the radio can distract me. It’s super annoying ESPECIALLY ON TRAINS [/rage] Seriously though if you’re one of those people who is super noisy on the train just know that I am silently hating you.
41. Who gave you your love for reading?
My Dad. Though it wasn’t intentional. He would read to us in the evening and usually ended up falling asleep which would result in my sister and I having to finish the book ourselves.
42. What book is next on your list to read?
Probably the novelisation of Revenge of the Sith. Yeah yeah I know I’m a giant nerd.
43. When did you start to read chapter books?
I’ve always read chapter books. Like I literally don’t remember a time when I haven’t read them.
44. Who is your favourite children’s book author?
I didn’t want to say JK Rowling again so either Phillip Pullman or Eoin Colfer.
45. Which author would you most want to interview?
Garth Nix. And I would spend the entire time asking him when he was going to write the next book in the Old Kingdom series.
46. Which author do you think you’d be friends with?
I can’t think of any so I’m going to mention my best friend Joe who isn’t an author yet but is totally going to be one at some point.
47.What book have you reread the most?
Considering I had to buy a new copy because my old one was falling apart it has to be Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
48. Which books do you consider “classics”?
The Tiger Who Came To Tea is the best children’s book ever written and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.
49. Which books do you think should be taught in every school?
Recently published books. I understand why we teach kids classics but classics can be boring, I think kids would enjoy themselves more if they read something modern.
50. Which books should be banned from all schools?